Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter Nativity

Last year, a friend of my mom's found these really neat Easter Nativity's. I picked one up, and just remembered the other day that I had it. So, today, the kids and I set it up.


The kids loved it. Cohen knew just which one Jesus was, and right where he went. (I think he was mostly remembering from seeing my moms set up last Easter) Ashy liked the lamb the best I think. She kept cuddling with it.. girls are so cute. LOL
You can't really see it in the pic, but there is a little light inside the tomb. I thought it was really neat. I mean, we do all these things at Christmas to remember the Savior, and his birth. Then comes Easter.... an event which is just as important as His birth, and we hardly do anything to remember the *real* reason for the holiday. The bunnies and egg hunts are fun, but.....
I really want to get better at teaching my kids the real meanings behind Christmas and Easter. I don't want them growing up thinking that it's all about the presents and Easter baskets. Hopefully, this little nativity will help. ;-)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What a great idea!! I would love to have one of those!! :)

Stacey said...

I should get something like that for my kids. I had to explain the true meaning of Easter to Josh yesterday and point out that it's not about egg hunts and candy. I better make sure he gets to church on Sunday for the Easter lesson. ;)