Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sometimes, you just need to play hooky ;)

Yesterday I decided to pick the kids up early from school and surprise them with a trip to the mall play land. The weather this winter has been really all over the place. We've had a ton of nice warmer-than-average days and I've tried to take the little kids out to the park whenever the weather allows. (FYI: getting the chance to play at the park in the winter in Michigan is RARE!! Like..super rare!) Problem is.. it's always when the older kids are at school. They get all bent out of shape when they hear that I took the littles to the park and not them. :( I feel bad, but they don't get home until 4pm from school, and often there just isn't enough time to load them ALL into the car and go to the park, again.

So.... with that in mind, I decided I would surprise them with a trip to the play land at the mall. Truth be told, Cohen is a little big for it, but he still had a good time. It also gave me a chance to hit up a few stores. ;)

We headed to 77 kids to look around. Cohen has been begging for skinny jeans for weeks now. I told him if he's good, I might get him some for his birthday, but I wanted him to try them on first. Ricky is very anti-skinny jeans on boys. He even hates that I put them on the girls. But Cohen looked sooo cute! lol He really loved them, but they were out of his size, so I need to order some online.

We DID however, score a rocking deal on a new Paper Jamz guitar. Cohen has one that he got for Christmas last year, and he loves it! The thing was like $25 though, and that was on sale. Well, 77kids had them on clearance so we got it for only $8!! SCORE!! It was such a great deal, that I decided to go back after dinner to get one for my nephew. I was chatting with the gal about how I was getting it for my nephew, and how I just couldn't pass up such a score. As I was walking out, one of the other girls working there chased me down and said.."Hey.. we had this amp in the back. It's the last one, and it's only $6. Do you want this too??" Um.. YES please!! So, I'm pretty much the best Aunt ever. ;) Brady LOVES to play with Cohens guitar and amp every time he's over, and now.. he'll have his own. :) My sister is less than thrilled. lol The guitars are really loud and can get pretty obnoxious after awhile... but, does that really matter when it makes your kid crazy happy?? ;) heehee

On our Way!!


He is SUCH a good big brother. :) Love him!!!







No comments: