Either way, it sucks. I want to enjoy summer vacation. Which, oddly enough... this year, I am. I know many parents dread summer vacation; children home all day long, fighting with siblings, arguing with parents. Don't get me wrong.... we have our days, many in fact. BUT... most of the hours are filled with them laughing and playing and me actually, (wait for it)... relaxing. Yes, I said it. This summer I have actually been able to find time to relax and enjoy my children, as well as this glorious season that is summer. For the first time in about 8 years I have actually been able to work on my tan! (save the "sun is bad for you" comments. I'm well aware... and... I don't care.)
Our summer has been filled with hours in the lake, showers outside, and dinners on the deck. We make occasional runs to the grocery store for the staples, like bread, milk, cereal, and whatever we can throw on the grill for dinner, and every few days the Hubs or myself, will run to corner gas station for 5 gallons to put in the jet ski's.
It has been bliss.
We've had a few "events" so far,
like Balloonfest...
*************
And 4th of July with pancake breakfasts, Revolutionary War obstacle course, Bomb Pops, swimming, BBQ's, and fireworks with friends...
***************
But for the most part.... our summer days have looked like this.....
**************
I'm very much looking forward to the next 7 weeks of summer bliss. We've got a few more fun things planned.... a camping trip to Lake Michigan, a day at the Zoo, and perhaps a weekend up north. Whatever we do, or don't do.. I'm hopeful that the rest of the summer will keep on ushering in her soul soothing awesomeness. ;) Gawd knows I need it.
















































No comments:
Post a Comment