Sunday I had a photo session all the way out north of Detroit. I left at about 9:30am, and stopped by the gas station right across from my sub to get some gas. It was early and I was tired so I decided to get a cappuccino as well (yes I know..coffee is horrible for me...it's my one vice, and I'm trying!) As I was filling up my cup I recalled my senior year in high school. Which brings me to my "flash back moment of the week." ;-)
I loved High School. It really was some of the greatest years ever. I have many fond memories from my senior years especially. As I stopped by that gas station on Sunday, and got my cappuccino, I was pleased to see the same cappuccino machine they had when I was in high school. They even had my fave drink still, English Toffee. Yum! One sip and I was recalling all those cold mornings before school. I'd stop by the gas station, get my coffee, and continue onto school. I'd waltz into 1st hour, at least 20 mins late, every morning. My teacher, Ms. Saoud, would scold me. I'd giggle, and spit out an "I'm sorry." Needless to say....I was making up tardies right up until graduation day. (stupid attendance policy)
Ms. Saoud was great. She was my Drama teacher. I had the most fun in Drama class. It was due in part to the other kids that were in the class with me, as well Ms. Saoud. She was this crazy lady, who was seriously convinced that all the unexplainable things in life were created by "Aliens". No lie...she said they pyramids were built by aliens, crop circles, and may other things. She was defiantly a character. haha
As I continued my drive towards the clients home, I recalled another fond high school memory.
I had to drive down M-59 towards Pontiac to get to their house. Now, when I was in high school, senior year actually, I made that drive down M-59 to Pontiac many times. But it wasn't for clients, it was for Clutch Cargo. HAHA! Yes, those of you who grew up in Howell are laughing right now, I know it. Clutch Cargo was/is this club for 18 an older that my friends and used to go to, before we turned 21 and could actually get into the *good* clubs. ;-)
I remember getting all hootchied out to go there. I had this little black skirt that was so short it came with these itty-bitty shorts underneath. I'd do my hair, overdo the make-up, put on some little clubbin' top. I'm sure my dad came close to stroking out every time he saw me leave for Clutch. I seriously can't believe he let me go out looking like that! LOL My friends and I thought we were soo hot. Truthfully, we were. hehe.
Clutch seemed to attract an interesting group of guys. There were hotties there for sure, but there were also lots of not so hot guys. I remember sweaty, nasty foreign guys who wore waaayyy too much nasty cologne. They'd try get all up on me and my friends....gewww.
I haven't been there in years!! But as I drove by....I saw it was still there. I even heard a radio ad for it on my way to my appt. I had to laugh. Ahhh...good ol' Clutch Cargo. hehe.. good times..good times..
No comments:
Post a Comment