Thursday, February 28, 2008

Possible Colo Springs Trip

colorado


So... we are thinking of having Ricky fly out to Colo Springs on the 5th for a job fair. He was going to take Cohen, but since it's such short notice.... the ticket for just him is gonna be like $300+. I'm not spending another $300+ for Cohen. I figure... we can all just go out there together, later.

It's a management job fair, so.. I'm hoping he'll be able to find something that pays well. I'm just sooooooo sick of being here and "waiting" for the next step. I really want to be moved by June, if not sooner. I *know* it's going to happen, it's just a matter of when.

We've pretty much nixed the whole "moving to Michigan" plan. I feel bad, but we just don't feel it's the right place for us to go. We feel really good about CS and it's a good half-way point between both of our families. I can drive up to Michigan whenever the mood strikes me. It's about a 17 hour drive, so.. not short, but defiantly closer than California!! LOL If Ricky and I drive together we can make it in a day.

{ugh} I'm just praying he gets something soon. I want my own stuff again. 90% of everything we own is in storage. We've been living out of boxes for over a year now, and I'm over it!! Plus... we are living with 2 bedroom, and 1 bathroom. It's beginning to get to me. 2 kids, 1 dog, a baby on the way. *sigh* My kids need their own rooms, an actual playroom, their own bathroom, not to mention... a freakin' backyard!! Ahh...to have my own backyard again.... what a joy what will be.


So anyhow..... hopefully we can get this trip planned. I told Ricky he needs to hurry and decide if he wants to go or not, because I need to buy the plane ticket tonight. He may end up driving, but with the price of gas.... it might be cheaper to fly. Not to mention faster.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Good luck to Ricky! I hope he can find something.

Aubrey said...

Yeah, good luck to you guys! I've only been to Colorado Springs once..but it was beautiful! AND when I was there, my cousin and I found a $50 dollar bill in our hotel entryway! lol....so I'm sending that kind of luck your way!

I have to say, Are you SERIOUS? You would drive 17 hours with the kids. You just have that third baby and THEN tell me what you think! haha...but yes, it IS closer to your fam than California. So that is good. I dread the 6 hour drive to Salt Lake...I can't imagine going longer than that. You're brave!