Wednesday, May 26, 2010

mothers day :2010:

 Better late than never, yes??

Since we've lived here we have had this Mothers Day tradition of having breakfast at this place..



They are only open the end of April thru the middle of October and they have the BEST breakfast and lunch menu on the planet!! Soo delish.. ;) We try to eat there a few times a month in the summer, but we always eat there Mothers Day morning... until.. this year.

If you go there on the weekend or in the summer be prepared to wait at least 30-40 mins for a table, sometimes more. You'd think that having lived here for 3 years, and having eaten there whenever we visited in the (almost) 10 years we've been married we would have known this and planned a little better.

Well... we didn't plan.. and thus... our Mothers Day tradition was not this year.

First.. let me tell you that we had a birthday party to attend at 11am this same day. The party was an hour away. Ideally, we should have gotten up by about 7ish... out the door by 8am, hopefully been seated about 9am (an hour wait time is norm on the weekends, as I said before) ..eaten and been done by 10 and at the party by 11am. Well... when you have 3 kids and are operating on about 4 hours sleep from the night before... things don't always go as planned.

By the time we got there it was already 9am... and it was 9:45 when we decided to just bail. We hadn't even been seated yet, and there was still a party of 4 ahead of us. The kids were devestated.... but we promised them we'd return another day.

So, we ran home, grabbed some granola bars and juice boxes for the kids and headed to the party.


{I want to state that Cohen IS in a carseat... a Britax Parkway SG to be exact... he just leaned over when I snapped this.... Never one to miss a photo op that kid.}

So, I got to spend Mothers Day with the people who matter most... those little guys there....

this little girl here....



and I got some of these....



and.. one of these...



It's rare that I drink these anymore... too many points.

All in all it was a good Mothers Day.. :) Ricky did pretty much everthing... which is all I really ask for on that day.

And the next day.... I got to enjoy my "traditional breakfast" with this guy...


and this girl....


And let me tell you... it was great! There was virtually no one else there... and it was nice to go out with just Mars. I mean.. we love the other two... but I think she liked the undivided attention. ;-)


Oh... and for your viewing pleasure... I leave you a shot of these two.... cousins who, no matter what, can't ever seem to get enough of eachother. So happy that they love eachother more than most anything else.

No comments: