This year however.....Christmas Day, and New Years Day, landed on a Wednesday. And instead of having the kids return on Thursday, January 2nd, as they've done since the beginning of time...they decided to give everyone a few extra days off, and have school resume on Monday, January 6th.
Now, I love my kids...I do...but 2 weeks off school....in winter....sucks. It's too much. Really. Add in the fact that the Friday before Christmas, what was to be their official last day before break, was canceled due to icy roads...AND, thanks to winter storm Ion...it looks like Monday will be canceled too...well...you officially have the longest two week break ever in recorded history. Seriously.
The windchill is sitting around -12* and it doesn't even matter, because I couldn't even get my kids to go play outside when it was 30* out. It's torturous, for everyone.
I try to sleep in just so I can shorten the amount of hours between breakfast and bedtime. I starting wishing for 8pm around noon. Today they were literally jumping off the furniture. They are fighting with me, fighting with each other, fighting with the cats. They don't care. It's like Alcatraz, only the prisoners have escaped their cells but still can't get off the island. And the prison guards are all dead, or beaten and left for dead. And there's no order. And it's chaos. And I'm suddenly thinking teachers are vastly underpaid and under appreciated. [memo to self: get teachers amazing gifts for when kids to give them when they go back to school. If they go back. Dear Lord, let them go back.]
I'm not sure we will make it through the next 48+ hours. We need reinforcements. Is this what the apocalypse will be like? Crap, I need to be better prepared.
And now, for your viewing pleasure...a few, rare, moments in between the chaos....
She got new bibs....it's good thing.
They wanted to do yoga. It lasted 10 minutes.
He wanted to paint. I gave him a cup of water. It worked. Paint+hardwood floors+wolf pup= disaster. This mama ain't no fool.
Headphones. Best. Present. Ever. We are no longer subjected to the horrid "music" from Mario Kart/Mario 3D Land/whatever other game he insists on playing. It's a win win.
Signing off and saying a prayer Old Man Winter takes mercy on us and sends a heartbwave, ASAP. If not...watch for the white flag that will surely be flying from our home come Sunday.




No comments:
Post a Comment