Friday, January 3, 2014

New year...new post


I can't seem to keep up with this thing. It's been a year since I posted last....and there is obviously lots to catch up on, but for now....I'm just going to say that one of my new year resolutions is to blog more. ;) 

There...

It's January 2014. We have been in Michigan for 3 years and (almost) 5 months. Ricky has had three jobs in that time, and we are still house hunting. (*sigh* that one still hurts to type out.) We've added two more wolves to our crew, Easton and most recently....Finley. Mars started dance class, Ash quit dance class, Cohen is one and half school years from starting middle school, and this coming fall the 4 older kids will be in school. 

When did all this happen? When did my kids grow up? The clichéd "they grow up so fast" is so true. Cohen is on the downward side of being home, with us. In less than 9 years he'll be off to college, or a mission. Ashley is going to be 8 in April....old enough to be baptized. Marley is in Kindergarten this year....and Easton is now older than Marley was when we first moved here. Even Finny is quickly approaching the "been outside longer than she was inside" mark. :( 

On the one hand, I'm so excited to be reaching all these milestones. The kids are getting older and we are able to do more things with them. But on the other hand, I find myself wanting to stop the clock....freeze time so I can keep them little for longer. 

2013 was a crazy year. We reclaimed our cottage, had a surprise pregnancy, house hunting stress, a new job for Ricky, and more. I'm hopeful 2014 will be an amazing year. I can't stop time, I can't keep my kids little forever, but I can pledge to enjoy them while I have them. To make every moment count, and record those moments so that when they do leave the nest....I'll have this space to come back to. To remember. :)

It's late, and I really don't have anything super inspiring to say....so, I'll just leave you with pictures from this past year.. 

























 


1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Great job! It's funny to see you didn't blog once in 2013!! But with great reasons I might add. ;) People don't seem to a personal blog anymore. It used to be a way to SHARE with family and friends, but now that there is facebook and all other sorts of social media, it's kind of gone out the window. BUT for me, it's my family journal, my scrapbook. And it sounds like you'd like to use it for the same thing. I love my books that I've made from my blog. It's my only scrapbooking I do now and it has made my life so much simpler! So good luck to you!!